“I just got the news that the major official assignment carried out by the Governor of my state, Kwara, today, is the demolition of an old public library named after my late dad, Dr. Olusola Saraki. May Almighty Allah continue to retain a place for Oloye in Aljannah Firdaus”
*- Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON*
“Yet again, today we find that the Governor of Kwara State’s focus is not on building up Kwara, but on demolishing buildings which were owned or named after my late father the Waziri of Ilorin”
“No matter how many structures are demolished Baba Saraki’s legacy can never be destroyed, because it lives in the hearts and minds of the great people of Kwara”
*Sen Gbemisola Saraki*
Meanwhile, in a statement credited to the Chairman, Transition Implementation Committee (TIC) of Ilorin West, Abdulgafar Muktar, which happened to be local government hosting the library in question, reportedly made the following clarification;
1. The facility is dilapidated and was serving as hideouts for some anti-social elements with consequences for public safety.
2. The community appealed to the LG authorities to do something about it.
3. The LG has moved in to remove parts of it in preparatory to rehabilitating the facility by adding an ICT centre for public use. After its reconstruction, it should retain the honorary name of Baba Saraki
4. *CLARIFICATION*: the facility, to be clear, does not belong to Baba Saraki. It is the property of Ilorin West LG named after Oloye. The owner is set to renovate it.
5. No cause for alarm, pls. The owner is fixing its property. And it will retain the honorary name earlier given to it after renovation.